[bksvol-discuss] Re: Clarification Needed

  • From: "Gerald Hovas" <GeraldHovas@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 26 May 2007 14:12:14 -0500

Monica,

No, we are not responsible for adding page breaks to books which are
submitted with missing page breaks.  We are supposed to reject them, and the
admin is supposed to withdraw them.

However, Bookshare doesn't want us to reject books which are only missing a
few page breaks.  I've spoken to Lisa about needing a clarification as to
how many page breaks can be missing before a book should be rejected, and
the guideline we settled on was that a book should have at least 90% of the
page breaks.  That's a guideline, not a hard and fast rule.  The guideline
has yet to be posted to the list, though.

Also, if a book is only missing a few page breaks, and it's possible to fix
it, then I'm sure Bookshare would appreciate it if we went to the trouble of
doing so.

BTW, which books are you talking about?  I imagine Claire would be happy to
clarify why a book was kicked back.  Keep in mind that it's a holiday
weekend, though, so she may not get back to us for a few days.

Gerald

  _____