[bksvol-discuss] Re: Can't download books

If you didn't knowingly make any changes, then perhaps restoring to the 
default settings will fix the problem. Go back to the security section and 
hit enter where it says "Reset all zones to default level."

This assumes, of course, that you didn't do any customizing before. 
Restoring the defaults will undo those customizations.

Evan

----- Original Message ----- 
From: "solsticesinger" <solsticesinger@xxxxxxxxx>
To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Sunday, July 06, 2008 10:52 PM
Subject: [bksvol-discuss] Re: Can't download books


>I followed your instructions, and nothing has changed. Nothing will
> download.
>
> Shannon
> I am only one; but still I am one. I can not do everything, but I can do
> something. And, because I can not do everything, I will not refuse to do 
> the
> something I can do.
> Everet Edward Hale
> ----- Original Message ----- 
> From: "Jackie McBride" <abletec@xxxxxxxxx>
> To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> Sent: Sunday, July 06, 2008 9:43 PM
> Subject: [bksvol-discuss] Re: Can't download books
>
>
> Shannon, let's try this:
> 1) Go to control panel, internet options, & ctrl tab to security;
> 2) Type t--you'll hear "trusted sites";
> 3) Tab once (it'll say "sites button" & press enter;
> 4) type in www.bookshare.org;
> 5) Tab till u hear Require server verification (https:) for all sites
> in this zone & uncheck it;
> 6) Tab to the ok button & activate.
>
> Then try to download a book & let me know if that helps.
>
> On 7/6/08, Jackie McBride <abletec@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> Shannon:
>>
>> Let's try doing it this way.
>> 1) In I e 7, go to tools > options then ctrl tab to security
>>
>> On 7/6/08, solsticesinger <solsticesinger@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>> Hi, all.
>>>
>>> Every time I try to download a book, I get a message saying that 
>>> internet
>>> explorer has blocked the bookshare site from downloading matterial onto
>>> the
>>> computer. I did not ask it to do this, and I can't figure out how to fix
>>> it.
>>>
>>> I'm using IE 7, and windows XP Pro.
>>>
>>> I appreciate any help any of you can give.
>>>
>>> Shannon
>>> I am only one; but still I am one. I can not do everything, but I can do
>>> something. And, because I can not do everything, I will not refuse to do
>>> the
>>> something I can do.
>>> Everet Edward Hale
>>
>>
>> --
>> Change the world--1 deed at a time
>> Jackie McBride
>> Check out my homepage at:
>> www.abletec.serverheaven.net
>> & please join my fight against breast cancer
>> <http://teamacs.acsevents.org/site/TR?px=1790196&pg=personal&fr_id=3489>
>>
>
>
> -- 
> Change the world--1 deed at a time
> Jackie McBride
> Check out my homepage at:
> www.abletec.serverheaven.net
> & please join my fight against breast cancer
> <http://teamacs.acsevents.org/site/TR?px=1790196&pg=personal&fr_id=3489>
> To unsubscribe from this list send a blank Email to
> bksvol-discuss-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> put the word 'unsubscribe' by itself in the subject line.  To get a list 
> of
> available commands, put the word 'help' by itself in the subject line.
>
> To unsubscribe from this list send a blank Email to
> bksvol-discuss-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> put the word 'unsubscribe' by itself in the subject line.  To get a list 
> of available commands, put the word 'help' by itself in the subject line.
> 


 To unsubscribe from this list send a blank Email to
bksvol-discuss-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
put the word 'unsubscribe' by itself in the subject line.  To get a list of 
available commands, put the word 'help' by itself in the subject line.

Other related posts: