[bksvol-discuss] Book Request

  • From: "siss52" <siss52@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 05 Sep 2006 16:08:00 -0500

Hi Mayrie,

The people who have been on the list for a long time will think I sound like
a broken record because I have made this request before.

"To Catch a Golden Ring" by Marilyn Donahue

There have been two attempts to scan it, one by Shelley, who usually gets
great scans.  However, on this one there were whole pages throughout the
book that just did not scan.  Sounds encouraging, no?  <smile>

Anyway, it is about a thirteen-year-old girl whose best friend, not lover,
loses his legs trying to escape from the street on which their families
live, because he thinks he will have no opportunities.  Part of the story
takes place in a hospital, and there are a lot of people of different ages
who help each other.  It may not be your type of book, but I have always
thought it would be a great addition to the collection.  Would you consider
scanning it?  If so, I would gladly validate it.

Thanks for reading this anyway,

Sue S.