[bksvol-discuss] Re: Book Request

  • From: Monica Willyard <plumlipstick@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 24 Apr 2006 21:19:14 -0400

Thanks, Bud. I've heard his show and also the abridged version of the book you're scanning from Audible. I will enjoy reading the full book as there is so much that's left out in an abridgement. Are you able to submit it in rtf or another similar format? I will be happy to validate it if you can put it into rtf format since I don't own Kurzweil. I like his upbeat, tell it like it is style. He doesn't bury important ideas in jargon that you need a decoder ring to understand. <grin>

On Monday 4/24/2006 09:02 PM, Bud wrote:
Hi Monica,

I am presently scanning a book by Dr. Dean Edell who is a very educated and articulate dr. who has been on radio and tv for several years. I think he's great. It's kind of a general topic book, but I'm sure there will be some time spent on your problems. It's called Life Liberty and the Persuit of Healthiness. I'll announce it on this list when I send it in for validating and if you are interested you might take a look.

Bud
At 05:53 PM 4/24/2006, you wrote:
Hi. Have any of you scanned some books about managing chronic pain, back care, and/or Pilates? I know that some of us have books on our hard drive that we haven't submitted because we haven't had time to clean them up. Most of what I've found in the current Bookshare collection is either focused on yoga relaxation or is about arthritis from the 1980s. I'm looking for books that can help me work through a health problem as opposed to looking for books to do something like a term paper. I have had a form of arthritis since I was a child and have an injury to my back from a car accident 6 years ago. I went to a pain clinic recently, and the doctor suggested that I learn to do Pilates and deep stretches to build strength and flexibility so I can stop using high doses of pain meds and steroids. The steroids have caused my bones to thin and my muscles to become weakened over time. Since his usual video for patients doesn't have descriptions, I thought I'd ask here to see if someone might have scanned some books before buying and scanning a stack of my own. If any of you have books that might help, I'd be happy to finish cleaning them up and validate them for the collection. Thanks in advance to any of you who can help.

Monica
Visit my blog at: http://plumlipstick.livejournal.com

http://www.eset.com

Bud Schwab