[bksvol-discuss] Re: Book Needs Help

  • From: "Mayrie ReNae" <mayrierenae@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 25 Jun 2009 20:43:41 -0700

Hi Gary,

    You might first contact the proofreader and ask if he/she perhaps
removed them, not understanding their purpose?  If that is the case, you can
resubmit as a BSO and request a proofreader who is familiar with dealing
with footnotes.  If the footnote numbers weren't removed by the proofreader,
I don't have any guesses.  That is odd indeed.  Once you know whether it is
a proofreading issue, then maybe we can all put our heads together on why
the numbers might have been removed by the tools, if indeed that is what
removed them.

    This is a definite problem, and needs to have all of its possible causes
examined to decide what  to do about it.

Good luck!

Mayrie

  _____