[bksvol-discuss] Re: Anne of Green Gables Cookbook

  • From: Grandma Cindy <popularplace@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 1 Jul 2008 00:18:30 -0700 (PDT)

I do the opposite, Jamie. That is, if I can't get the exact edition that was
scanned to validate by, I change the copyright and front pages to match the one
I've validating and sometimes, where necessary, change the pagination to match
the print book I'm using to validate. As you say, the text of the book is the
same, as long as it isn't a revised edition, and the submitter still gets the
credit, but I'm sure feel more confident that any scanno corrections are
accurate.

G.Cindy
Lots of times to validate a difficult book I get one from the library that has
different publishing information, but the content is the same. I never change
the copyright to the book I physically have in hand, because that isn't the
book that was scanned.

Jamie in Michigan
Currently Reading - Sick Puppy by Carl Hiaasen
Dish Network has the lowest price for digital TV, switch today! Pricing starts
at $29.99 per month! Free installation if you call now!