[bksvol-discuss] Re: Anne of Green Gables Cookbook

  • From: "Monica Willyard" <rhyami@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 30 Jun 2008 20:06:35 -0400

Hi, Jamie and Lori. The validater in question has some sight and was
able to find the copyright notice without any trouble. It's been
awhile, but if I remember the details correctly, he was confused about
the fact that the book was a Canadian printing. The copy of the book
he owns is the American printing, and he thought he should rescan it
using the American version. I told him that since the books were
identical, he could just  look up the American copyright from the
Copyright Office website, but he didn't think that was right. I didn't
really understand the problem and told him to talk to Carrie because
she would know what to do. As for why he didn't ask for help, I
suspect that he is doing the equivalent of the guy who won't stop and
ask for directions though he drives around in circles for hours,
passing several gas stations with attendants who could help him. This
could and should have been resolved months ago. (sigh) I wish I knew
how to help. I know it's frustrating to submit a book and have it go
into a sort of limbo.

--
Monica Willyard