[bksvol-discuss] Re: A proofreading problem to watch out for.

  • From: "Kim Friedman" <kimfri11@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 02 Aug 2009 03:02:20 -0700

Hi, Roger, I could manage using a patch cord linking two tape recorders
together and when I could hear what was happening with the other tape
recorder when a monitor switch was turned on, I thought it the most
wonderful thing. The tape recorder would only record what was coming from
another tape recorder and I could answer the phone or talk to someone and no
harm done. Now this ripping-and-burning stuff on using a computer has me
spooked. All this talk of gain control and choosing so many herz or whatever
you call them goes right over my head. Ask me to read a manual and poof!
brain shuts down, mind falls asleep, I think I'll never grasp this stuff and
why am I trying when I can do something fun like reading some escapist
literature that has a story instead of dry sentences that one could never
class as amusing. I could manage books on biology because I've always been
interested in the physical world. Roger, I have a hunch that if one is
taught a subject in an interesting way, chances are we'd be able to grasp
it. I think a teacher has to be a bit of an actor, don't you? I bet you've
had to sit through a possibly interesting class when in comes the lecturer
who drones in a monotone. Maybe he or she may like what he/she is teaching
but can't convey that spark to the auditors in the room. Isn't there a
possibility that labs could be conducted in an interesting fashion whereby
you can grasp that tracking experiment number 1 may be an interesting and an
enlightening to do. Here's to your right and left brain as well as mine. We
can only trust we're not finished learning yet. Best regards, Kim aka
Ellinder.

  _____