[bksvol-discuss] Re: A perhaps inappropriate request

  • From: Noel Romey <ner@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 07 May 2004 14:06:18 -0500

Also available is historical fiction, the boroque series by Neal Stephenson. THose books are on the download page.

Ner
At 01:56 PM 5/7/2004, you wrote:
> I would love to hear suggestions for historical fiction with enough detail
> you can actually learn from as well as be entertained with.  The problem
is
> that I am picky about book content.  I am not interested in reading
erotica,
> or every gory detail of a batle.  I am much happier with books that just
> tell you things like that happen and leave out those details.  The details
> like would be about daily life.

It is alternate history, but the 1632 series by Eric Flint has a great deal
of historical research behind it.  It is science fiction that has a 20th
century Verginia coal mining town transported into the middle of the 30
years war.  The character development is extremely good, and all of the
history I have been able to check is correct.

Noel Romey Arkansas, USA View my insights at my live journal: http://djner.livejournal.com