[birdky] mitchell lake today

  • From: "Scott & Glenda Record" <sgrecord@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <birdky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 9 Aug 2005 15:48:55 -0500

After receiving word from Brainard about Nicole's white ibis, I took a run to
Mitchell lake around noon and just now returned home to get ready for work.  I
did not find the ibis but did see an impressive number of waders scattered over
a large area.  There is a lot of available habitat including all off Mitchell
lake, upper beaver dam slough (near the managers office), lower beaver dam
slough,  a few potholes along Humphries creek road and a little water in Happy
Hollow slough.  I saw numerous waders at all the above locations.  Much of this
habitat is screened with cypress trees and full of water lotus and it would be
easy to imagine missing this bird.  Also the nice collection of shorebirds
including the stilt sandpipers and a few least terns are still at the duck
banding station on the north west end of Mitchell.

Perhaps of interest to some of you;  Eagle Optics is advertising their Fujinon
SUPER 80ED with 20X60 zoom and carrying case for $650.00.  It normally retails
for around $1100.00.  In fact, they have their non ED glass super 80 for even
more at $675.00.  I would appreciate any information about experience any of
you have had with the super 80 ED.

Thanks
Scott Record
Ragland KY