[birdky] feeder freeloader - Barred Owl

  • From: FrankRenfrow@xxxxxxx
  • To: birdky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 2 Jan 2008 14:10:02 EST

I woke up this morning to find a Barred Owl sitting in the snow  under our
bird feeders.  After posing for a few  photos  it flew onto some lawn furniture
and then perched on a honeysuckle  limb in our wooded area just overlooking
the feeders. It has continued to  be present so far today and I have gotten
fifty or so pics so far. Just a  few minutes ago it swooped down and caught a
vole. I think I was able  to get a pretty good shot of the owl swallowing it
whole. The  birds are still coming back and forth to the feeder no problem
(even
when he was  right on the ground below).

Frank Renfrow
Fort Thomas, KY