[birdky] birding extras

  • From: "Marsh, Scott" <smarsh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: BIRDKY <birdky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "ask@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <ask@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 8 Jun 2015 11:14:04 +0000

Rhonda and I came upon new born fawns on our breeding bird survey Sunday
morning. A threesome of wobble legged tiny things. They were bedded down just
over the fence from one of our stops. I am not sure I would have seen them if
the doe had stayed down, all the action was on the other side. I took a picture
with the phone but it is hardly worth sharing. I had to physically hold Rhonda
from climbing the fence to hug them. She has always had a soft spot for cute
skinny legged things; thus my good standing with her.

Scott Marsh
Lexington