[birdky] White Pelicans/McElroy 29 April 2004

  • From: David Roemer <dlroemer@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bird ky <birdky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 29 Apr 2004 05:57:18 -0700 (PDT)

Lester Doyle called this morning to report 9 American
White Pelicans at the northern end of McElroy Lake in
Warren County.  To my knowledge, this is but the 2nd
record for McElroy and the 3rd for Warren County.

The lake formed to some extent Sunday as reported by
Tom Durbin, mainly being a few widened pools adjacent
to the ditch.  It will be gone in a few days without
additional precipitation.

Small numbers of common shorebirds have been present,
and in addition to the species reported by Tom, Carter
Hooks and I observed 22 Long-billed Dowitchers on the
25th.

dave