[birdky] bky:birding Belize

  • From: Sid Easley <Sid.Easley@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: birdky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 29 Apr 2004 09:38:50 -0500

May I recommend an economical way to bird Belize.  The Program for Belize
was first initiated by the Nature Conservancy and the Mass. Audubon
Society.  They have two research stations that allow ecotourists to stay in
their facilities.  La Milpa and Hillbank are in the Rio Bravo Conservation
area of Belize.  Sid and I were the only tourists and had 100 % attention
from the two guides that were excellent birders.  If interested, contact me
and I will give more info.
Thanks to those of you who advised me on field guides, etc. to take along.

Melissa Easley
Murray, Ky.