[birdky] Taylorsville Lake: August 30, 2005

  • From: "Adam Smith" <raptorbio@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: birdky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 01 Sep 2005 01:32:13 +0000

Checked several areas of Taylorsville Lake today. No black/sooty terns to be found; there were a handful of Caspians and 3 Commons at the marina; also a small flock of 3-5 unidentified phalaropes flushed at a great distance east of the Van Buren ramp (only saw them for a split second); also good numbers of GBHs, Great Egrets, and cormorants east of the Van Buren ramp. Not much happening out there today...I'll be in the neighborhood of Laurel River Lake tomorrow...

Cheers,

Adam Smith
5463 Jacks Creek Pike
Lexington, KY 40515
Phone: 859.559.7172

"Our life is frittered away by details...Simplify, simplify."
                                           - Henry David Thoreau

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * Visit the Kentucky Ornithological Society
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * BIRDKY List Manager: Gary Ritchison, Richmond, KY