[birdky] Rpt: Shaker Village

  • From: David Lang <de_lang@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ASK Freelists <ask@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, BIRDKY Freelists <birdky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 22 May 2010 15:50:54 -0700 (PDT)

ASK had their last scheduled spring walk out at Shaker Village of Pleasant
Hill, Harrodsburg. Our walk this week was mostly field and forest edge birding
versus the woodland birding we did last week and as such got quite a different
list. Highlights were Bobwhite, Grasshopper Sparrow, Blue Grossbeak,
Dickcissel, Boblink and two late Sandhill Cranes. We ended up with a total of
54 species.

Good Birding
David Lang
Scott County

Location:    Chinn Ln
Observation date:    5/22/10
Notes:    Participants: Joe Swanson, David Lang, Betsy Lang, Suzanne Bhatt,
Ramesh Bhatt, Marie Sutton, Mark Tower, Jessica Tower, Dino Curris, Scott
Marsh, Rhonda Marsh
Number of species:    12

Turkey Vulture    X    Chinn Lane near Shaker Village
Red-tailed Hawk    3    Chinn Lane near Shaker Village
Killdeer    X    Chinn Lane near Shaker Village
Mourning Dove    X    Chinn Lane near Shaker Village
Eastern Kingbird    X    Chinn Lane near Shaker Village
Barn Swallow    X    Chinn Lane near Shaker Village
American Robin    1    Chinn Lane near Shaker Village
Grasshopper Sparrow    2    Chinn Lane near Shaker Village
Bobolink    20    Chinn Lane near Shaker Village
Red-winged Blackbird    X    Chinn Lane near Shaker Village
Eastern Meadowlark    X    Chinn Lane near Shaker Village
Common Grackle    X    Chinn Lane near Shaker Village

Location:    Shakertown
Observation date:    5/22/10
Notes:    Participants: Joe Swanson, David Lang, Betsy Lang, Suzanne Bhatt,
Ramesh Bhatt, Marie Sutton, Mark Tower, Jessica Tower, Dino Curris, Scott
Marsh, Rhonda Marsh, Bruce Cryder, Don Pelli
Number of species:    51

Canada Goose    12
Northern Bobwhite    2    /h
Great Blue Heron    1