[birdky] RPT: White Junco

  • From: "Scott Freidhof" <sialia67@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <birdky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 3 Jan 2008 21:04:03 -0500

Jan. 3, 2008:  This afternoon a mostly white bird showed up underneath
the bird feeders.  A patch of slate gray feathers formed rectangles on
the wing shoulders.  Some additional gray appeared to edge some of the
primaries and some of the retrices.  A line of gray feathers formed a
somewhat broken band across the belly.  The beak and legs appeared
pinkish in the bright sun.  We both guessed it was a junco.  We took a
few pictures with the digital camera but I have not been able to
download them to the computer yet.  Once I find the cable for the
camera, I can download the photos and send to anyone interested in
taking a look.

Scott Freidhof

Rowan County