[birdky] YB Sapsucker

  • From: "Joan Carr" <joan-of-art@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <birdky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 3 Jan 2008 11:13:07 -0500

Hi All,
Well, a male YELLOW-BELLIED SAPSUCKER is hogging the suet this morning.
He looks rather ragged because he is puffed up as far as his feathers
will “puff”. However, still he is very beautiful!!

It is a real challenge to stay warm during this frigid weather. We have
a few inches of snow on the ground and the feeders and ground feeding
areas are crowded. Les and I will keep an eye out today for some much
desired EVENING GROSBEAKS!! Am I dreaming, or what?

Cheers
Joan (of Art and Nature) Carr
Happy Valley
South Williamson, KY Pike Co.