[birdky] Re: RPT: Misc recent reports including Hardin County Sandhill Crane update ...

  • From: Duc M Do <duc@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: birdky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 2 Feb 2015 17:56:47 -0500

​Take ​
KY 86
​(Hardinsburg Rd) ​
west out of Cecilia, and you can't miss the big gathering about 2 miles
west, just past the fire station on the right.

​I went down to Cecilia last Friday and lucked out as it was a bright sunny
day, and the moon, being four days short of ​full, rose fairly early in the
late afternoon to make for a good backdrop at sundown.

I share some photos on Facebook:

http://tinyurl.com/cecilia-cranes

Duc
Louisville, Ky.

On Mon, Feb 2, 2015 at 2:47 PM, <moyerjd@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I intend to go to Cecilia this week and photograph.  Can someone provide
details on the preferred location for viewing and photography?  (I have a
Delorme Atlas and can find my way around.)  Also, what time of day is best,
for optimum activity levels?  Photographers usually like early morning and
late afternoon/early evenings best for light quality, but I don't know if
that coincides with the birds' activities.  Thanks - Newbie Jim