[birdky] RPT: Lunch Hour Merlin and Hunting Sandhill Cranes in Tennessee

  • From: "Palmer-Ball, Brainard (EPPC OOS KNPC)" <Brainard.Palmer-Ball@xxxxxx>
  • To: "BIRDKY" <birdky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2008 21:17:02 -0500

While on my way to lunch in Frankfort today, I saw a Merlin fly up and land on
a utility pole at the SE corner of the jct. of US 60 west and US 127 south. I
pulled into a parking lot below the pole and watched the female munching down
on her lunch of some species of finch or sparrow.

Anyone needing a little chuckle this evening should find your way to the
TN-BIRD listserv archive and scroll down to TN-BIRD administrator Wallace
Coffey's take on the suggestion by one Outdoors columnist for the Knoxville
newspaper to open a season on hunting Sandhill Cranes in Tennessee. You go get
'em, Wallace!

bpb, Frankfort