[birdky] Re: RPT: Late Nests

  • From: "Scott and Glenda Record" <sgrecord@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <sialia67@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <birdky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 21 Jul 2008 20:59:44 -0500

I have another clutch of 5 bluebird eggs myself.  I believe this is the 4th
clutch this year.  The first clutch had 6 eggs...the most I've ever seen.  I
also had 1 martin nest that successfully fledged 5 young and a kestrel box that
fledged either 3 or 4 successfully.  The martins and kestrels have left
already.  Mockingbirds and thrashers have nested all summer in the pines in the
yard and thickets around the edge.  I suspect they have had multiple broods as
well due to the number of mimids in my yard.

Scott Record
Ragland KY