[birdky] RPT: Cave Run RN Grebes

  • From: Brian Wulker <bdwulker@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "birdky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <birdky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 8 Mar 2014 21:11:23 -0500

Hi all,

The Cave Run Lake Red-necked Grebe count is now up to 9, with 3 birds along
the shore opposite of the dam, and 6 more off the Lakeview Vista Overlook
along highway 801.  3 birds were quite close to shore (including one in
breeding plumage) while the last 3 were way out near the winter pool
island.  Other places on the lake I still haven't gotten a chance to look
at include Twin Knobs beach and campground and Clay Lick boat ramp so there
may be a few more.

Other birds of note included my first 3 Tree Swallows of the year, and the
Snow Goose at Minor Clark, and a Common Loon on Cave Run Lake.

Good birding,

Brian Wulker