[birdky] Migrants in Fulton County 3/21/14

  • From: HapC1@xxxxxxx
  • To: birdky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 21 Mar 2014 21:54:09 -0400 (EDT)

The bird of the day was Green-winged Teal. They were in every field puddle,
 ditch and wet spot in Fulton County. They were accompanied by Northern
Shovelers, Blue-winged teal, American Wigeon and Gadwall. Shorebirds were seen
 in many locations. Greater and Lesser Yellowlegs, Pectoral Sandpipers and
Wilson's snipe were easy to find. Eagles were tending their nests and
Northern  Harriers were searching the fields. The highlight of the day was a
breeding  plumage Laughing gull in the field across from Long Point refuge. I
don't  often see them in farm fields. One Bonaparte's gull was also in the
same field.  Eight Rusty Blackbirds can be counted on the Blitz. I'm sure there
were others  but the wind made scoping the fields of blackbirds a difficult
task.
Hap
Murray, KY