[birdky] Re: Lexington Redpoll

  • From: "Aegolius ." <markmonroe1@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Mark Tower <markdt7@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2015 00:31:41 -0500

Jamie Baker, Brainard Palmer-Ball, Eddie Huber, and I visited Alice's home
today arriving a little before 1 pm.

Alice and Chad were quite hospitable and we did first see the female
redpoll at 3:31, which is roughly when it seems to have been most often
reported.  We also saw it for a marginally longer period at 4:08-4:10. We
left about 5 pm or so after not seeing it again.

It is definitely not an easy bird to see, but the female has seemed to be
regular lately mid-afternoon for very quick and brief visits if you put in
the time.

Good luck.

Mark

Mark Monroe