[birdky] FOS

  • From: "Debi" <debi1950@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Birdky" <birdky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 22 Apr 2013 11:53:51 -0400

I cleaned up my hummingbird feeder, thinking it might be this week that they
started showing back up.. and when I was on the porch, I got buzzed..hahaha ..
he was telling me to hurry and get it out.. I have done that now..:)

Love to see the hummers coming back.. it was actually the second one, because I
really thought I saw one just before dark Sat night..and now I know it was..it
came looking where I hang the feeder on the porch.

I still have a male Rufous-sided Towhee coming to the feeder...haven't seen his
mate in over a week.  This is a new bird for me, but know they are down off the
hill from me, because two people have told me about them, and they live across
the hill from each other.

The brown-headed cowbirds are back, also.

I think that is all for the ones coming back in, the Juncos are pretty much
gone.. maybe a straggler or two..

The hawks are all out on the farm.. sure enjoy watching them.  Was priviledged
to see either a Cooper's or Sharp-shinned up close, as it was sitting in the
tree with all the bird feeders. I was wondering why there were no birds
feeding, when they normally do...then I noticed the hawk.  That is probably the
same one that I saw flying sideways, etc chasing one of the chickadees a couple
weeks ago.. it was flying in and out of the limbs of the tree.

debi lucas
greenup co.

When posting on BIRDKY, please close posts with
your first and last name and your address (city or county).

To post on BIRDKY, send e-mail to:
birdky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Visit the KOS website at
http://www.biology.eku.edu/kos/default.htm