[bcbirdclub] Correction on Cicada Killer

  • From: "Roger Mayhorn" <rogermayhorn@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "BC Bird Club" <bcbirdclub@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 3 Aug 2015 23:35:34 -0400

I have just discovered that the insect in the photo I posted recently of a
Cicada Killer was actually a European Hornet (Vespa cabro). As well as
Europe it also inhabits the Eastern U.S. I apologize for giving everyone
false information. Thanks to my friend Wade for pointing out my error, in a
very nice way I might add. Hey, where were the rest of you who knew I had it
wrong? Surely others must have seen my mistake and were just being nice. If
any of you see that I have been wrong about a bird species, insect species
or any other species in the natural world, don't hesitate to bring it to my
attention. I certainly won't be offended. I am only 99% percent perfect. Lol