[bcbirdclub] Outer Banks Birds

  • From: "David and Susan Raines" <rainbrk@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bcbirdclub@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 4 Aug 2015 09:34:22 -0400

We recently spent a week on the Outer Banks of North Carolina. I'm pleased to
report that Osprey are thriving there. Of course, we are used to seeing many of
them but this year was exceptional. At one point, I observed one on the ground
out in front of me and fortunately got a decent pic as it flew by. Early
morning walks in the Corolla lighthouse area were rewarded with some great
sightings. All of the attached pics were taken at this location. The shot with
Great and Snowy Egret and Little Blue Heron was taken at a pond behind the
Whalehead Club near the lighthouse. That was also the location of the juvenile
Tri-colored Heron and Spotted Sandpiper.

DaveR/Breaks,VA