[bcbirdclub] BCBC Meeting Monday Evening

  • From: "Roger Mayhorn" <rmayhorn@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "BCBC Listserve" <bcbirdclub@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 11 Sep 2011 22:49:34 -0400

Just a reminder to everyone that the regular monthly meeting of the Buchanan
County Bird Club will be tomorrow evening, September 12, at 6:00  at the
Buchanan County Public Library in Grundy.
Tom Hunter is presenting a Power Point program on the Mendota Hawk Watch that
takes place each fall atop Clinch Mountain.
We will try to finish the meeting by 7:30 then drive up to Grundy High School
to watch the Chimney Swifts come in to roost in the school's chimney as dusk
falls. I was told that on Saturday evening about 1000 swifts put on  quite a
show there as they came in to roost.

We do have A CHANGE IN RESTAURANT for those eating before the meeting. We will
be eating at BELLACINO'S, which is located next door to the Comfort Inn in
Grundy.

Come join us for what promises to be an interesting and informative program.

Roger Mayhorn
Buchanan County Bird Club