BBspot Update - 9/17/04

  • From: "Brian Briggs" <briggsb@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bbspot@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 17 Sep 2004 09:50:34 -0400

Sideshow Collectibles has some new stuff based on Alien, Star Wars, Predator
and Marvel, including a really cool looking Green Goblin figure.  Check them
out.
http://www.sideshowtoy.com/cgi-bin/affiliates/clickthru.cgi?id=briggsb

NEW STUFF

Geek Horoscopes
http://www.bbspot.com/News/2004/09/horoscopes_20040917.html

Florida panics over Hurricane Paula...
http://www.bbspot.com/News/2004/09/hurricane_paula.html

A BBlooper shows Hurricane Ivan taken a different course...
http://www.bbspot.com/News/BBloopers/2004/09/977.php

Stick your hand into the Mailbag...
http://www.bbspot.com/News/2004/09/mailbag_20040915.html

Some dogs ruin a realtors' photo...
http://www.bbspot.com/News/BBloopers/2004/09/966.php

Just a couple more Fuzzy Logics left...
http://www.bbspot.com/comics/fuzzy_logic/2004/fuzzy_20040914.html

Hollywood tries something new in the war on piracy...
http://www.bbspot.com/News/2004/09/new_movies.html
------------------------------
SITE NEWS

- In case you missed the announcement last week, we have a brand new
BBloopers only section with BBloopers that don't appear on the home page.
Two new BBloopers are being posted every day.
(http://www.bbspot.com/bbloopers/)

- Many thanks go out to all who donated for the BBspot New Computer and
Injury fund.  We have reached our goal of $500. We'll keep the link up for a
few more days if any stragglers want to donate something at the last minute
(and my birthday is tomorrow *wink* *wink* *nudge* *nudge*).  Can never have
enough funds available when you're building a geek-worthy computer, right?
(https://www.paypal.com/xclick/business=briggsb%40bbspot.com&item_name=Brian
%27s+New+Computer+and+Injury+Fund&no_note=1&tax=0&currency_code=USD)

- This week's poll was Favorite Natural Disaster  Check out the winner
(http://www.bbspot.com/polls/2004/17-September-2004.html)    Vote in next
week's poll: Favorite Font (http://bbspot.com/Polls/)
------------------------------
QUOTE OF THE WEEK

In the beginning there was nothing. God said, 'Let there be light!' And
there was light. There was still nothing, but you could see it a whole lot
better.
-Ellen DeGeneres
------------------------------
LINKS OF THE WEEK

Here are my favorite 5 links from the BBspot Daily Spot section (updated
M-F) in case you missed them during the week.

Star maps of the Star Wars' galaxies...
http://nav-computer.com/

Get the Preview Release of Firefox...

Try to figure out who's reading whose mind...
http://content.ugoto.com/?id=716&type=4

The 20 best Futurama moments...
http://www.progressiveboink.com/archive/futurama.htm

Build your own siege engine...