BBspot Update - 9/24/04

  • From: "Brian Briggs" <briggsb@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bbspot@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 24 Sep 2004 09:58:29 -0400

If you're buying something at Amazon, use this link first.  One thing I
discovered was that if you use A9.com before you buy something you will get
a discount of pi/2 % on your purchase.  Saved me some on my last purchase
that I wasn't expecting.
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/redirect-home/bbspot-20

NEW STUFF

Will The Forgotten be forgotten?
http://www.bbspot.com/News/2004/09/review_the_forgotten.html

Check out the next generation of iPods...
http://www.bbspot.com/News/2004/09/new_ipod.html

Top 11 campaign pledges you'll never hear...
http://www.bbspot.com/News/2004/09/campaign_pledges.html

Stick your hand into the Mailbag...
http://www.bbspot.com/News/2004/09/mailbag_20040922.html

M-I-C, I see a terrorist...
http://www.bbspot.com/News/BBloopers/2004/09/986.php

The penultimate Fuzzy Logic...
http://www.bbspot.com/comics/fuzzy_logic/2004/fuzzy_20040921.html

Michael Bolton's botnet shut down...
http://www.bbspot.com/News/2004/09/bolton_botnet.html

And from politics, the scourge of the dubyacadas...
http://www.bbspot.com/News/2004/09/dubyacadas.html

As always be sure to check out the ten new BBloopers this week...
http://www.bbspot.com/bbloopers/
------------------------------
SITE NEWS

- If you want to vote in this week's poll you'll have to check out this
BBlog posting first...
(http://www.bbspot.com/Log/?module=Log&function=browse&id=581)

- Thanks to all who donated to the computer fund.  I tried to get some
sponsorship from a major parts supplier, but they ignored me.  Oh well,
their loss.  Now starts the process of choosing and purchasing components.
Next week we'll have the final decision on the hard drive and open up the
discussion on motherboard/CPUs. On a related note, one friend and frequent
contributor to BBspot, sent me a box of band-aids for my birthday in
preparation for the computer assembly :-)

- This week's poll was Favorite Font.  Check out the winner
(http://www.bbspot.com/polls/2004/24-September-2004.html)    Vote in next
week's poll: Hard Drive Choice (http://bbspot.com/Polls/)
------------------------------
QUOTE OF THE WEEK

How can you govern a country which has 246 varieties of cheese?
-Charles De Gaulle
------------------------------
LINKS OF THE WEEK

Here are my favorite 5 links from the BBspot Daily Spot section (updated
M-F) in case you missed them during the week.

A dramatic reading of a Nigerian spam letter...
http://www.zefrank.com/request/

Some cool images of forces of nature...
http://www.nationalgeographic.com/forcesofnature/

The God FAQ...
http://www.400monkeys.com/God/

Is it Swiss, Swedish, Danish or Dutch?
http://www.modestypanel.com/SSDorD/index.html

The weirdest world records...
http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/allnews/tm_objectid=14608739&method=full&siteid
=50143&headline=the-50-weirdest-guinness-world-records-name_page.html

OR

Use the convenient form on http://www.bbspot.com

Brian Briggs
http://www.bbspot.com