BBspot Update - 9/10/04

  • From: "Brian Briggs" <briggsb@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bbspot@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 10 Sep 2004 09:23:58 -0400

Sideshow Collectibles has some new stuff based on Alien, Star Wars, Predator
and Marvel, including a really cool looking Green Goblin figure.  Check them
out.
http://www.sideshowtoy.com/cgi-bin/affiliates/clickthru.cgi?id=briggsb

NEW STUFF

Two weeks of New Stuff this time, because of the missed update last week.

Yes, Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow, really is the name of a movie.
http://www.bbspot.com/News/2004/09/review_sky_captain.html

The new G5 iMac has many uses...
http://www.bbspot.com/News/2004/09/g5_imac.html

Top 11 Geek pick up lines...
http://www.bbspot.com/News/2004/09/top_11_geek_pick_up_lines.html

I'm shamed by a Believer in the Mailbag...
http://www.bbspot.com/News/2004/09/mailbag_20040908.html

Wal-Mart introduces giant shopping carts...
http://www.bbspot.com/News/2004/09/walmart_supercart.html

A new political organization is formed...
http://www.bbspot.com/News/2004/09/swift_boats.html

Hard drives recalled because of Coriolis Effect...
http://www.bbspot.com/News/2004/09/hard_drive_spin.html

Top 11 things a consultant would say (before you're outsourced)...
http://www.bbspot.com/News/2004/09/top_11_consultant_quotes.html

Another edition of the Mailbag...
http://www.bbspot.com/News/2004/09/mailbag_20040901.html

Reality sets in...
http://www.bbspot.com/comics/fuzzy_logic/2004/fuzzy_20040831.html

Overclocker creates a hover computer...
http://www.bbspot.com/News/2004/08/hover_computer.html
------------------------------
SITE NEWS

- We have added an all new BBloopers only section to BBspot
(http://www.bbspot.com/bbloopers/)  We are receiving too many to post on the
main page.  Starting out there will be 2 new BBloopers every day.  If you
haven't checked it out yet, you've already missed 10 new BBloopers.  Make
checking it out part of your daily BBspot routine.  Thanks.

- Thanks to all the people who have donated to the BBspot New Computer and
Injury fund.  Less than $100 to the goal. Hopefully, next week I'll be able
to open up the discussion on what components I'm looking at for the system.
If you want to send something over to help reach the goal, use the paypal
link below.  Thanks.
(https://www.paypal.com/xclick/business=briggsb%40bbspot.com&item_name=Brian
%27s+New+Computer+and+Injury+Fund&no_note=1&tax=0&currency_code=USD)

- This week's poll was Most Undermining of Privacy?  Check out the winner
(http://www.bbspot.com/polls/2004/10-September-2004.html)    Vote in next
week's poll: Favorite Natural Disaster (http://bbspot.com/Polls/)
------------------------------
QUOTE OF THE WEEK

The reason why so few good books are written is that so few people who can
write know anything.
-Walter Bagehot
------------------------------
LINKS OF THE WEEK

Here are my favorite 5 links from the BBspot Daily Spot section (updated
M-F) in case you missed them during the week.

Name that old video game from the sound sample...
http://www.pbs.org/kcts/videogamerevolution/arcade/name/name_that_game.swf

Just in time for Friday, Which Vodka is the best?
http://slate.msn.com/id/2106004

Tips on making Mozilla use better...
http://www.mozillatips.com/

The economy of Gilligan's Island...
http://mises.org/fullstory.aspx?control=1595

The University of Nigeria has some interesting courses...
http://www.universityofnigeria.com/

OR

Use the convenient form on http://www.bbspot.com

Brian Briggs