BBspot Update - 5/24/02

  • From: Brian Briggs <briggsb@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bbspot@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 24 May 2002 08:13:34 -0400

----------------
NEW STUFF

Trailer Review:  Minority Report
http://bbspot.com/News/2002/05/review_minority.html

Sony lobbies for a ban on felt tip markers that can violate the DMCA.
http://bbspot.com/News/2002/05/markers.html

Virus Alert:  Spell Chekar
http://bbspot.com/News/2002/05/spell.html
---------------
SITE NEWS

-You might have noticed that Comedy Central just started advertising on
BBspot.  It's a pretty good deal and should further the WDP quite a bit.

-My sympathies go out to all the Colorado Avalanche fans out there as they
become another stepping stone for the mighty Red Wings (briggsb@xxxxxxxxxx).

-This weeks poll asked you to complete the thought "I sleep..." you
answered "...therefore I am."  I couldn't agree more.  Tell the world what
you think in this week's poll Favorite Sim. (http://bbspot.com/Polls/)
------------------------------
QUOTE OF THE WEEK

Instead of studying for finals, what about just going to the Bahamas and
catching some rays? Maybe you'll flunk, but you might have flunked anyway;
that's my point.

- Jack Handey
------------------------------
LINKS OF THE WEEK

Here are my favorite 5 links from the BBspot Daily Spot section (updated
M-F) in case you missed them during the week.

Now we figure out why the dialog in Star Wars is so crappy, they're too
busy putting in cute little special effects.
http://www.usatoday.com/life/enter/movies/2002/2002-05-17-star-wars.htm#more

I've never read Ender's Game before, but I better get a move on before the
movie comes out.
http://www.frescopictures.com/movies/ender/endersgame_update.html

Step right up and get your origami boulders!
http://www.origamiboulder.com/

What causes deja vu.
http://www.scientificamerican.com/askexpert/biology/biology63/

A well done flash game site.