BBspot Update - 5/17/02

  • From: Brian Briggs <briggsb@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bbspot@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 17 May 2002 08:00:21 -0400

----------------
NEW STUFF

Start your engines, it's Geek Horoscopes
http://bbspot.com/News/2002/05/horoscopes20020516.html

Attack of the Clones Trailer review with exclusive footage (OK no exclusive
footage but I've always wanted to say that).
http://bbspot.com/News/2002/05/review_clones.html

Everybody's favorite search engine debuts a new service
http://bbspot.com/News/2002/05/google.html
---------------
SITE NEWS

-OK, finally we have an interview subject lined up.  Expect that in the
next couple of weeks.  Distractions and diversions have been getting the
better of me lately.  I hope to be on a regular schedule next week.  Don't
expect stories the days after Red Wings-'Lanche games however :-)

-Finally I updated the polls home page so you can see the final results of
the past month's polls (http://bbspot.com/Polls/)

-Most likely to win?  Turns out the techno-centric crowd prevails with a
resounding vote for Microsoft.  I think the Lakers are a bigger lock than
the Softies, but I'd rather have neither of them win.
(http://bbspot.com/Polls/)
------------------------------
QUOTE OF THE WEEK

  Until a man is twenty-five, he still thinks, every so often, that under
the right circumstances he could be the baddest motherf*cker in the world.

- Neal Stephenson, "Snowcrash"
------------------------------
LINKS OF THE WEEK

Here are my favorite 5 links from the BBspot Daily Spot section (updated
M-F) in case you missed them during the week.

It doesn't take much time, but a pretty cool racing game.
http://cypresshill.com/game/

Master the Yo-Yo
http://www.hoxie.org/yoyo/title.htm

One reader informed me that this laser game is a repeat.  But it's a pretty
fun game.
http://www.input-entertainment.de/laser/laser.html

Cool stuff from the Hubble telescope.
http://www.hubblesite.org/