BBspot Update - 5/3/02

  • From: Brian Briggs <briggsb@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bbspot@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 03 May 2002 08:02:19 -0400

----------------
NEW STUFF

As promised - more geek horoscopes.
http://bbspot.com/News/2002/05/horoscopes20020502.html

Meanwhile on Coruscant.
http://bbspot.com/News/2002/04/jedi.html

Is it Spiderman, Spider-Man or Spider Man?
http://bbspot.com/News/2002/04/review_spiderman.html
---------------
SITE NEWS

-Well, as you may or may not have noticed, I took an unannounced week break
from writing stories.  Back into the swing of things now (I hope).

-Webby Award nominees were announced this week.  We didn't get
any.  Looking at the sites that did get nominated though I think it's best
that we didn't.

-Times running out to get your mom an Hour Lost Explaining Computer Terms
to Mom t-shirt for Mother's Day.  Every geek mom deserves one!
(http://www.bbspot.com/store/tshirts.html)

-Unfathomable how the worst movie could have won the poll So I Married an
Axe Murderer? Puh-lease.  Maybe you people shouldn't be voting in next
week's poll.
(http://bbspot.com/Polls/index.html)
------------------------------
QUOTE OF THE WEEK

Well, remember what you said, because in a day or two, I'll have a witty
and blistering retort! You'll be devastated THEN!
- Calvin
------------------------------
LINKS OF THE WEEK

Here are my favorite 5 links from the BBspot Daily Spot section (updated
M-F) in case you missed them during the week.

Steve Ballmer meets the Domo-Kun
http://www.echo23.com/domokun/

Blowing stuff up with 110 VAC.
http://www.fiftythree.org/etherkiller/

Cool pictures of paper money throughout time and the world.
http://aes.iupui.edu/rwise/notedir/mappage.html

Space-age Gel
http://stardust.jpl.nasa.gov/photo/aerogel.html

Preparing for the riot.