[badge] Re: 810 proble in potato

  • From: debman@xxxxxxxx
  • To: badge@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2001 02:12:32 +0600 (IST)

hi there
thanks for all the help. i found some thing else also to getrid of this
810 problem for people like me those who use stable potato and
2.2.xx. ok, there are unofficial binary debs for xfree86
http://people.debian.org/~cpbotha/
after installing these xfrees agpgart can be compiled and installed from
any of the sources .
now my X is running fine 800x600 16bpp
i am really looking for few quick articles for debian installation
and apt-get and not the long documentation.

debman

Quoting "M.P.Anand Babu" <ab@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

> Hi Debman
> debman@xxxxxxxx writes:
>  >
>  > hi all
>  > here again same old problem.
>  > i am new to debian. I am using potato and able to get VGA16 display
>  > but when it comes to SVGA its giving error.
>  > So I compiled agpgart and and executed insmod agpgart
>  > and modprobed agpgart. every thing is fine up to here
>  > now the problem is XFCom. installed XFCom and gave link
>  > to XF86_SVGA. still its not working.
>  > if any body  succeeded in this please send me XF86Config.
>  >
>  > please suggest how to upgrade XFree86 to latest version
> Did u do  mknod /dev/agpgart c 10 175
>

> For XFree86-4.0.2
> =======================================
> I'm using linux-2.4.2/XFree86-4.0.2 on i810 with sound.
> For kernel 2.4.x the agpgart protocol has been
> changed a lot. So only XFree86-4.x./above will work.
>
> You can get XFree86-4.0.2 binary from
> from http://people.debian.org/~branden/woody/i386/
>
> or append this line into ur /etc/apt/sources.list
> deb http://people.debian.org/%7Ebranden/ woody/$(ARCH)/
>
> compile ur kernel with all i810 agp/sound modules.
>
> mknod /dev/agpgart c 10 175
>
> make a symbolic link to X from ur latest XFree86.
>
> prepare ur XF86Config file.
> ( I have attached my config file along)
>
> startx, hopefully it should work. I get 1024x768:24bit
> with onboard sound card working
>

> -- Binary/unsupported file stripped by Listar --
> -- Type: application/octet-stream
> -- Desc: AB's XF86Config
>

> -- Attached file included as plaintext by Listar --
> -- Desc: message body and .signature
>

> -ab
>
> --
> Inspired by GNU (www.gnu.org)