[badge] 810 proble in potato

  • From: "M.P.Anand Babu" <ab@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: badge@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2001 20:03:00 +0530 (IST)

Hi Debman
debman@xxxxxxxx writes:

 > hi all
 > here again same old problem.
 > i am new to debian. I am using potato and able to get VGA16 display
 > but when it comes to SVGA its giving error.
 > So I compiled agpgart and and executed insmod agpgart
 > and modprobed agpgart. every thing is fine up to here
 > now the problem is XFCom. installed XFCom and gave link
 > to XF86_SVGA. still its not working.
 > if any body  succeeded in this please send me XF86Config.
 >
 > please suggest how to upgrade XFree86 to latest version
Did u do  mknod /dev/agpgart c 10 175

For XFree86-4.0.2
=======================================
I'm using linux-2.4.2/XFree86-4.0.2 on i810 with sound.
For kernel 2.4.x the agpgart protocol has been
changed a lot. So only XFree86-4.x./above will work.

You can get XFree86-4.0.2 binary from
from http://people.debian.org/~branden/woody/i386/

or append this line into ur /etc/apt/sources.list
deb http://people.debian.org/%7Ebranden/ woody/$(ARCH)/

compile ur kernel with all i810 agp/sound modules.

mknod /dev/agpgart c 10 175

make a symbolic link to X from ur latest XFree86.

prepare ur XF86Config file.
( I have attached my config file along)

startx, hopefully it should work. I get 1024x768:24bit
with onboard sound card working

-- Type: application/octet-stream
-- Desc: AB's XF86Config

-- Attached file included as plaintext by Listar --
-- Desc: message body and .signature

-ab

--
Inspired by GNU (www.gnu.org)