[aztec-users] Re: 1.1.3b is available for download.

  • From: "Dominique Boutin" <Dominique@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <aztec-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 31 Oct 2002 00:24:50 +0100

> Dominique: Hopefully you will now know what to do with the ik bone tool :)
yes and it works!
But if you choose the same bone as start and end node : aztec crashes!

I hope you can implement later a drag (click on start bone ... release on
target bone) method ...
would be cooler than 'press enter', not ? :)

If I have already selected a bone and then choose the IK Bone Tool, it's
hard to select any other bone - if at all.
If I cancel the action the info text say there - confusing the user ... ;)

A cool addition would also be a parameter for the ik solution which
controlls the direction/rotation
of the solution (the angle/triangle) ... in max its called 'swivel angle' -
i think

Don't limit yourself on only using bone nodes for the IK solver... please
let the bone ik tool be able to apply to a hirachy of any types of node ...
like boxes etc! :) would be cool!

>"Fixed the version number so it reflects the current version. Duh!
(Phillip)"
nope still 1.1.2beta here ... (in the startup splash screen too)

>"With our recent release once again having to be released to fix a
>few problems that slip passed us,  we have decided it would be a
>good idea if we could have a few people test releases before they
>come out, so we can make sure we we fix the little subtle problems
>that programmers like use tend to overlook ;)
>So would anyone be interested?"

yes. feel free to contact me in order to get me testing some of your brand
new implementations!
:))

I recognized the new gear button in the shelf:

'makeGear, Buttons\UnknownButton.bmp'

does it mean the scripts are now loaded at startup, or how does it work?
ahh yes I can call makeGear in the console window, but only with params ...
but in the shelf syntax,
there aren't any ...

I also recognize the ctrl+enter shortcut works in the console (for
excuteing) - great! :)

:)
Dom