[aztec-users] Re: 1.1.3b is available for download.

  • From: "Phillip Martin" <pmartin@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <aztec-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 31 Oct 2002 09:21:19 +1000

> >"Fixed the version number so it reflects the current version. Duh!
> (Phillip)"
> nope still 1.1.2beta here ... (in the startup splash screen too)

That is just weird and scary. I think I will get other, more sane people to
do release in future.

> > Dominique: Hopefully you will now know what to do with the ik
> bone tool :)
> yes and it works!
> But if you choose the same bone as start and end node : aztec crashes!

Heh, oops :) I had better fix that.

> I hope you can implement later a drag (click on start bone ... release on
> target bone) method ...
> would be cooler than 'press enter', not ? :)
>
> If I have already selected a bone and then choose the IK Bone Tool, it's
> hard to select any other bone - if at all.

Will fix.

> If I cancel the action the info text say there - confusing the user ... ;)

Will fix.

> A cool addition would also be a parameter for the ik solution which
> controlls the direction/rotation
> of the solution (the angle/triangle) ... in max its called
> 'swivel angle' -
> i think

Definitely would be. /me writes that down too.

> Don't limit yourself on only using bone nodes for the IK solver... please
> let the bone ik tool be able to apply to a hirachy of any types
> of node ...
> like boxes etc! :) would be cool!

Would be very cool. I'll see what I can do.

> yes. feel free to contact me in order to get me testing some of your brand
> new implementations!
> :))

Groovy :) That is awsome, thanks a bunch dom.

> I recognized the new gear button in the shelf:
>
> 'makeGear, Buttons\UnknownButton.bmp'
>
> does it mean the scripts are now loaded at startup, or how does it work?
> ahh yes I can call makeGear in the console window, but only with
> params ...
> but in the shelf syntax,
> there aren't any ...

Hmm, sot sure what is happening there. I think I need to revist all the
shelf buttons so they actually make sense. After that, I'll see what this
gear thing is about.

Thanks for everything dom.

Phil