[AZ-Observing] Re: Where to go, where to go.....

  • From: AJ Crayon <acrayon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 02 Jul 2002 18:52:28 -0700

To all, the other compromise about Eagle Eye is distance - not to far not to
close - for the expected observing conditions.  Besides I'd expect it to be to
hot for campers et al, despite the fact they may be as deranged as we.

Those going should bring about a gallon of water to stay hydrated while
observing.  Although the tempreatures quoted are Phoenix, Quartzite and Salome
should give better approximations but the difference between them and Phoenix
shouldn't be more than a few tenths K.

As long as the temps are below 108d F, or so, and skies are clear, count me in.
 According to my notes the hottest observing night was after a day time high of
117d F.

'Bout the in-n-out burger; regardless of access the parking was over crowded on
the two occassions I used it as a meeting place.  I'd opt for a less crowded
venue, albeit slightly less accessible.

Clear skies - cool temps,
aj

messages.  Thanks.