[AZ-Observing] Re: Where to go?

  • From: Stan Gorodenski <stan_gorodenski@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 19 May 2007 13:44:41 -0700

Since this weekend appears it will be a bad one for observing, I
_must_   :-)   point out that last Saturday was great at my place near
Prescott, which, as you may know is only 15 miles west of the Cherry Rd
site. The sky seemed to have cleared up when it got dark although there
undoubtedly were some of the thin clouds that were seen in the
afternoon. One person who left at 10:30 commented the sky had cleared up
by that time, but as I posted in SAC-Form: "The sky was fantastic from
about midnight, I would guess, until I went to bed at 3:30. The double
double in Lyra was nicely split, the transparency greatly increased, the
skies got very noticeably better, and around 2:30 when I decided to take
a peak at Jupiter I as astounded. It was nice and crisp and full of
detail. It was a great night, later on [i.e., from at least midnight
(maybe even 10:30) to 3:30 at which time everyone, I believe, quit for
the night], in my opinion."

Last Saturday was the night!
Stan