[AZ-Observing] Re: Venus by day

  • From: sam@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 02 Dec 2008 12:37:49 -0500

Thanks, Darrell.

Venus was/is definitely naked eye, both on the 30th and yesterday. It
should be easy to pick out again today, having the Moon as a fairly
convenient pointer. According to Starry Night Pro, Venus should be
about 12 degrees from the Moon at about 1pm today. I tried like heck
to see Jupiter as well but could only pick that up with some glass
until after about 4:30p.