[AZ-Observing] Re: Tucson Observing Sites

  • From: AJ Crayon <acrayon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 23 Dec 2001 19:58:32 -0700

Wil, here are my notes for the site:  General Crook Trail & Interstate
17, drive 25 mi. east, through Camp Verde, just after mile marker 242
where power lines cross highway, turn left (only way to turn) go past
fence [close gate] and take right fork in road to the large meadow;
estimated elevation 5000ft. Beware of the many flying insects during the
day.

The coordinates given on your site seem to put it in the correct place,
unfortunately it is difficult to measure the distance as the highway is
in the corners of three different maps.  Regardless it is certain that
Highway 260 is General Crook Trail so it seems we are discussing the
same site.

aj
saguaroastro.org

Wil Milan wrote:

> AJ,
>
> I don't know anything about the Zane Grey site. It was submitted by Bernie
> Sanden and I included it in the list. Bernie's spreadsheet describes it as
> being off Hwy 260, but not much more than that.
>
> Wil Milan
---
with the subject: unsubscribe.

messages.  Thanks.