[AZ-Observing] Re: The stunning images and movies of the Swedish one meter solar telescope

  • From: Victor Herrero <hubbleed@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 14 Jun 2011 14:25:14 -0700

Hello Stan, Darrell, and All,
To me the thrill of observing in real time, with one's own telescope, is
immense. Worth every dollar you spend in your equipment.

I thank all the Arizona Observers who post wonderful pictures and
descriptions of their observations in this Forum. I do not comment about
them very often, but they give me great pleasure.

Keep posting !!

I enjoy studying the Universe by all available means. We are fortunate to
have so many extraordinary earth and space observatories, and access to
their observations through the Internet. We are living wonderful times.

I have had the huge satisfaction of imaging from Pueblo Magnet High School
classrooms, in the morning in Tucson, with telescopes in Australia, and
showing the students a little bit of the deep sky.

When I started studying Astronomy, more than half a century ago, Sky and
Telescope pictures were black and white.

Amazing progress !

Astronomy is wonderful

Victor