[AZ-Observing] Re: Planets photo on NASA's Astronomy Picture of the Day

  • From: jack.jones@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 10 May 2002 15:01:11 -0700

I'm glad I parked further in then if all that happened. I only heard the
whistling. The Ft. Huachuca area had the big fire last week. Desert fires
can char quite an area or hillside with an ill wind. Mostly I've seen just
along freeways in city and out from tossed cigarette butts. We'll see plenty
in the next few months.

Jack

>  Not sure what his problem was, fortunately his ersatz fireworks
> did not explode at the end of thier flights. One of them squarely
> hit Ricks' truck in the window and glanced off. After sending some
> 4 or so into our group, he decided to haul it down to our south about
> a mile, where he sent several dozen of these rockets up for the next
> 90 minutes.
>   Is there enough of brush, tinder , whatnot around Vekol that
> could burn? I figured the most he could toast is one bush or so.
> Wrong?
>
>  RC

> That concrete plant to the east is the big glare bomb and is what the
> picture reminded me of. What was with the bottle rockets anyway? Some kind
> of dumbass salute from that drunk? Fires are raging in Colorado, NM and
> now
> in drought-stricken AZ, and guys like that are roaming around. It's going
> be a long hot summer.
>
> Jack

messages.  Thanks.