[AZ-Observing] Re: Flats and Bias

  • From: Jeff Hopkins <phxjeff@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 15 Jul 2007 11:07:29 -0700

Hello Stan,

You can indeed take flats during daylight. The problem is getting the
illumination down to a value you can use. The larger the telescope
the harder it is. Another problem is unless you have the optics all
set, focused and such, you will need to wait until you get things set
and that may mean after dark. You could go ahead and observe all
night and take the flats the next day, but I am too old for that. :-)

A light box offers the convenience of being able to take flats
anytime you want. Plus you can make it so you can adjust the
brightness.

Jeff

--
Jeff Hopkins