[AZ-Observing] Re: Latest photos: planets, Iridium flares, ISS/shuttle pass, etc.

  • From: "Rick Tejera" <saguaroastro@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 15 Jul 2007 11:26:47 -0700

Joe,

Both Jimmy & I are fully aware of how sensitive to location the magnitudes
are. Jimmy lives pretty close to me but I'm sure he ran the predictions
using his location. He's also been known to travel o the flare center when
able to maximize the magnitude.  We both would also double check the
predictions relatively soon before the flare to get the best data. My
experience show that they don't often change by much, but yes they do change
over several days.

FYI, my location is N 33 40.166, W112 10.940.

Clear Skies
Rick Tejera
President, Editor SACnews
Saguaro Astronomy Club