[AZ-Observing] Re: Dry winter ahead

  • From: "messier" <messier@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 30 Sep 2007 20:35:41 -0700

Funny the you should post this tonight. The Phoenix area has a 60% chance of
rain tomorrow night.

Frank

wo_class.ht=
ml

(click on individual maps for details)

.....and the associated yak-yak, mainly dealing with sea surface temperatures,
is here:

http://www.cpc.ncep.noaa.gov/products/predictions/long_range/fxus05.html

The temperature maps are losing usefulness since they are scaled=20 to the
1971-2000 averages---and the warming is happening fast
enough now that there is practically no such thing as below average
temperatures in the climatological sense.  (Good thing they're
not using the entire 1890-2000 dataset as the reference.)

\Brian