[AZ-Observing] Re: Digital billboards

  • From: "Rick Tejera" <saguaroastro@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 30 May 2007 17:50:36 -0700

Dan,

That was the bill. If I recall correctly, Tom Mozden brought it to the
attention of the AZ Observing community and asked us to let the Governor
know our feelings. Rep. Giffords (Now a member of Congress) was very vocal
in her opposition to that bill and led the campaign against it. Gov
Napolitano agreed and vetoed it.

Now It seems I was at least right on the scope (no pun intended) as the link
you posted indicated that the ban was effective along the state highways.

Clear Skies
Rick Tejera
President, Editor SACnews
Saguaro Astronomy Club