[AZ-Observing] Administrivia: Constructive Criticism Needed about AZ-Observing

  • From: Paul Dickson <dickson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: AZ Observing <az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 8 Apr 2002 08:27:46 -0700

I've received a few comments (one, maybe two) in the past that
AZ-Observing is too much of a Phoenix mailing list or even a SAC mailing
list.  While some of this can't be avoid since a majority of observers in
Arizona will naturally live where the majority of the people live, the
recent message thread about the SAC Novice Group session struck a resonate
chord.

So these questions are for non-SAC members, and in particular, those who
are outside of the Phoenix area:  Was the Novice Group thread too far
outside the scope of what this mailing list should discuss?  In what ways
was it on/off topic?

We seem to have particularly few people from TAAA (Tucson) attending this
list, particularly since they have nearly as many members as the two
larger Phoenix clubs combined.  Is this due to the content of the list
(too focused or too off-topic) or due to the lack of promotion on my part?

Thank you for an insights in advance.

        -Paul

messages.  Thanks.