atw: Re: XML software for Word-like formatting

  • From: Peter Martin <peterm_5@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <austechwriter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <austechwriter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 28 Jun 2009 17:37:23 +1000

Judith McCrea:
You wrote:
> To quote from Miscrosoft's Most Valued Profesional web site:
>
> "A master document has only two possible states: Corrupt, or just about to be
> corrupt"
>
> http://word.mvps.org/fAQs/General/WhyMasterDocsCorrupt.htm
>
> I agree with Jonathan: this feature worked in Word 6.... <snip>

There's always one lucky person in a group :=)
I tried it for some documents for a Defence department contract involving
hundreds of pages.
Only tried it once....  fortunately had backed all files...
Finished up using a script that took RTF output for each file,  concatenating
them all into one document
and then saving in Word.
Making changes to the Word document would have taken eons.
The submarines didn't seem to work all that well, either...
-PeterM
peterm_5@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
The best way to predict your future is to create it.